For the next test you need to be able to:
- Label a number line
- Find answers for problems using all four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Demonstrate how operations work using cubes or number lines
- Find the range between two numbers
- Be able to solve a complex problem using the order of operations (PEMDAS).
What can you do to prepare? Take a look at…
Your notebook (and the number lines we worked with)
This should be your best source of information. This is why taking careful notes is so important.
You may have done some of these as homework or on your own.
- N1 and N3 (uses counters—similar to using cubes)
- N2, N4-11 (practice with the different operations)
- M1-6 (reviews what integers are)
- O10 and O11 (PEMDAS practice)
- A9-11 (reviews what an integer is)
- O4 (PEMDAS practice)
- A definition of what an integer is is at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/definitions/integer.html
- A review of number lines with some practice problems is at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/number-line.html.
- An explanation of addition and subtraction of integers can be found at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/positive-negative-integers.html . There are some practice problems at the end.
- An explanation of multiplication is at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/multiplying-negatives.html . A link to some practice problems can be found at the bottom.
- Here is a clip about adding and subtracting integers. I think it is pretty clear. At the end, it talks about evaluating with variables (don’t worry if it does not make sense—watch anyway, it is not long—it is something you will work with in the future). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4sRy7_usYI
- This clip is about multiplying and dividing integers. It’s good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57XEV2DieDQ
- Find out what videos on YouTube and integers have in common by going to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0E4vxLydNY
- Practice with this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFvZEEfI3hU